“All things manifesting in the lower worlds exist first in
the intangible rings of the upper spheres,
so that creation is, in truth,
the process of making tangible the intangible
by extending the intangible into various vibratory rates.”

― Manly P. Hall

The Qabbalah, the Secret Doctrine of Israel

Translate

Due to the changes and updates being done this section is going to change

Search the archive


Welcome Traveler to My Little Occultshop

Welcome Traveler,


It's been a whirlwind of a month, I can't say thank you enough for your support, starting next month I'll be putting out a monthly magazine about topics related to that month.


So what's new

I've added a new section that covers meals of the ancient world and a section about herbal remedies will be coming soon.


As always may your travels be light and your path be pleasant to you and your family, blessings.


Magus

Featured Sponsors

Here is what's new

Yeah I know its been 3 years since I've posted anything new. I burnt out from everything I was putting into this. and tbh what made me come back was the fact that even after 3 years this is still popular. I can't thank you enough for your continued support.

So what's new well I have a new address and with covid I've had a bit of free time. so maybe its time I got back into the captains chair and got to setting a course to places undiscovered. A part of me is happy while a part isn't because he know what's up and he doesn't like doing the hard long hours of labor.

Most popular post

My latest post on my Facebook Page My Little Occult Shop

  Its been what 2 possibly 3 years since I last posted. Burn out is what happened. I got so overwhelmed with everything that it just got to ...

Thursday, June 29, 2017

Pythagorean Numerology





The Greek philosopher Pythagoras was never actually involved in the numerology systems known nowadays. Shortly after 600 BCE, he founded the first university and developed his theory of numbers. These theories are the basis of all natural law today and are also the foundation for the occult science of Numerology.

Pythagoras was actually a philosopher who contributed with the concept of numbers as symbols rather than mere numerals. He determined that everything progressed in predictable cycles, and assumed a relationship with respect to the alphabet. For example - the Sumerian idea that letters, gods and goddesses were assigned numbers relative to their station.

Pythagoras< determined that everything progressed in predictable cycles, and assumed a relationship with respect to the alphabet. For example - the Sumerian idea that letters, gods and goddesses were assigned numbers relative to their station.


Numerology as we know it is a system based on Gematria, which is one of the Qabbalistic disciplines. Through Gematria one can get the number of each word or name, since the Hebrew alphabet has the same symbols for both letters and numbers. Western numerology is but a way to adapt the principles of Gematria into the Latin alphabet so as to get the numbers of words and names as well.



The updated Pythagorean conversion table uses numbers 1 through 9, each of which is related to certain letters of the alphabet. An alternate version is the updated Chaldean Conversion Table which works in a similar way except it is numbered 1 to 8 and the letters associated with each number are different as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The power is in knowing that you are the center of the universe